Mom's Cake


MOM'S CAKE




I really don't know what is the real name of this cake. I got this recipe from my mom and so I call it mom's cake. This is the first cake I learnt to bake in my life and this cake was always there on our dining table for every special occasions. It is so soft and utterly buttery delicious. Bet me, you cannot resist its smell while baking.

Ingredients:

1. All purpose flour- 2 cups
2. Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
3. Sugar- 1 1/2 cup
4. Butter- 1 cup
5. Eggs- 3
6. Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
7. Chopped cashew nuts- 1 tbsp

Sieve flour and baking powder together for at least 2 times. 

Powder sugar and sieve it to make sure its really powdered.

Preheat oven at 180 C. Grease and dust a round shape 8 inch baking tin.
Beat butter till it becomes soft and frothy. Add sugar and beat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add egg, vanilla essence and beat for another 2 minutes. Gently add flour and fold it well. Do not over fold it. Transfer it into the baking tin and sprinkle cashew nuts on top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Comments

Popular Posts